Current research focuses on the development of an automated intelligent inspection method to supervise overhead power line insulators using image processing techniques. The main objective of the research is to study and analyze image processing based algorithms to develop reliable automated inspection of power line insulators under severe weather conditions. The study emphasizes mainly the surfaces of insulators that undergone extreme cold and wet environment. Conventional methods to inspect the insulation system of the power lines are mainly old and unsafe; mostly the inspection is done by human going for foot-patrolling, pole-climbing or using helicopter visual inspection. Proposed method of automated and real-time monitoring by using image processing followed by machine learning techniques could be found to be a suitable and efficient method.
Graduated from Heriot-Watt University in 2013 with MSc in Energy Engineering. Thesis title: “Fabrication of TiO2 compact layer by the spray pyrolysis deposition system for dye-sensitized solar cells”.
- PhD student at Nazarbayev University, School of Engineering
- Teaching Assistant at Nazarbayev University, School of Engineering (part-time)
- Research Assistant at Nazarbayev University, Nazarbayev Oxford Image Sensor with Enhanced Speed, Integration and Processing (NOISE-SIP)
Involved in projects as a Research Assistant:
- Development of electromagnetic acoustic technology to assess the state of boiler tubes in coal-fired power plants in Kazakhstan (2014-2015).
- Prefeasibility Analysis of a Mesophilic Anaerobic Biodigester with CHP System. Case Study: Farm in Uralsk-Kazakhstan (2014).
- “Feasibility study on biogas energy production from a small-scale farm digester in Kazakhstan” 4th International Conference on Clean Energy and Technology (Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia) (CEAT 2016), in proceedings 2016.
- Experimental and Numerical Investigations of “Fabrication of TiO2 Compact Layer by the Spray Pyrolysis Deposition System for Dye – Sensitized Solar Cells”, 7th International Exergy, Energy and Environment Symposium” (IEEES-7 (Valenciennes, France), in proceedings 2015
- Poster presentation at the 11th Renewable Energy 2016 Exhibition in Yokohama, Japan.
Phone: +7 7172 70 9044
Mobile phone: +7 7015946091